Time: 90 minutes
Yield: 30 cupcakes
***NOTE: The cupcake portion of these tasty treats can be made in advance. However, they don't freeze well once they are completely assembled with the frosting and ganache. Once the cupcakes have been baked and are completely cool, wrap them in plastic wrap and freeze them. On the day you are ready to serve them make the frosting and ganache and apply them to the cupcakes.
1 devils food cake mix
1 small package instant chocolate pudding
1/3 C flour
1/3 C oil
1 1/2 C water
1 t vanilla
1/3 C sour cream
1 C mini chocolate chips
1 (12 ounce) package white chocolate chips
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/2 C butter, softened
1 t vanilla
4 C powdered sugar
1 C semi sweet chocolate chips
3/4 C whipping cream
1/2 t vanilla
1. Into your stand mixer or large mixing bowl pour the contents of 1 box of devils food cake mix, 1 box instant chocolate pudding and 1/3 cup of flour. Toss the ingredients around with the paddle to combine.
2. Add 1/3 C oil, 1 1/2 C water, 1 t vanilla, 1/3 C sour cream and 4 eggs. Mix on low for about 1 minute. Scrape the bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula and then mix for 2-3 minutes on medium speed until the batter is nice and glossy.
3. Add 1 cup mini chocolate chips and mix just until combined.
4. Line your muffin tins with cupcake liners. Fill each liner just a bit more than half way full.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Once you have taken the cupcakes out of the oven, let them sit in the pans for about 5 minutes. Then pop them out of the pan and let them cool completely on a wire rack.
1. Pour one package of white chocolate chips into a glass bowl. Pop it into the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir the white chocolate then return it to the microwave. Continue to heat the chocolate in 30 second intervals, stirring after each cooking time until it's melted and smooth.
2. Into your stand mixer place 1 package of cream cheese and 1/2 a cup of butter. Mix it until smooth and well combined, about 3 minutes.
3. Pour the melted chocolate into the cream cheese/butter mixture. Beat until well combined.
4. Add 4 cups of powdered sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Beat for 4-5 minutes.
5. Pipe the frosting onto each pretty little cupcake.
1. Pour 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips and 3/4 cup whipping cream into a medium sized bowl. Melt them together in the microwave 30 seconds at a time, stirring between each cooking interval. Once the ganache is melted, combined and smooth add 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and a dash of salt. Stir until smooth.
2. Let the ganache hang out on the counter for about 10 minutes until it starts to set up a bit. As it cools it will thicken up for you. When it's the texture of thin pudding pour it carefully onto the top of each cupcake. It will naturally slide down the frosting on it's own. Keep any leftovers in the fridge. When you are ready to use it again, just pop it into the microwave for 30 seconds