Saturday, May 11, 2013

Chicken Enchiladas

(original recipe from my dear friend and previous neighbor Raquel Larsen)

Flour Tortillas
Enchilada Sauce (red or green)
Green Chilies if you use green sauce, green onions if you use red sauce
Cilantro (optional)
Chicken
Sour Cream
Grated Cheese

I never measure amounts on this recipe. I simply add whatever quantities I feel like at the time. Cook chicken and shred. I like to boil the chicken so that it is really moist and shreds easily. Mix chicken, some enchilada sauce, green chilies (or green onions), grated cheese and sour cream to taste (should be fairly thick, not too runny). Pour a little sauce to coat the bottom of a 9x13 glass pan. Put mixture into tortillas and roll. Place formed enchiladas into glass pan and line them up tightly. Pour more enchilada sauce on top and then sprinkle cheese on top. Cover with foil and heat at 350 degrees until heated through (usually around 35-45 minutes).

No comments: