Sunday, January 30, 2011

Chicken Enchiladas

(original recipe from my dear friend Raquel Larsen who I hope will one day be in our lives again)

Flour Tortillas
Large can of Enchilada Sauce (red or green)
Small can of Green Chilies
Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast
Sour Cream
Grated Cheese

I never measure amounts on this recipe. I simply add whatever quantities I feel like at the time. Cook chicken and shred. I like to boil the chicken so that it is really moist and shreds easily. Mix chicken, some enchilada sauce, green chilies, grated cheese and sour cream to taste (should be fairly thick, not too runny). Pour a little sauce to coat the bottom of a 9x13 glass pan. Put mixture into tortillas and roll. Place formed enchiladas into glass pan and line them up tightly. Pour more enchilada sauce on top and then sprinkle cheese on top. Cover with foil and heat at 350 degrees until heated through (usually around 35-45 minutes).

No comments: