Sunday, January 30, 2011

Easy Broccoli Quiche


Over Jonah's Baptism weekend, I threw this together at home with ingredients I had on hand and my houseguests absolutely raved about it. It was very easy.

2 Tablespoons butter

1-2 teaspoons dehydrated onion (fresh onion would have bee nice, but I was out)

1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (fresh garlic would have been nice, but I was out)

2 cups fresh broccoli (steamed and chopped)

1 unbaked pie crust (I used the ones from Costco that come in a 6 pack)

1 1/2 cups grated cheese (I used the Costco cheese that is white and orange mixed)

4 eggs (well beaten)

1 1/2 cups fat-free milk

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 tsp black pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix broccoli, onion and garlic. Place in unbaked pie crust. Top evenly with grated cheese. Mix eggs, milk, salt, pepper and melted butter together. Pour egg mixture over broccoli and cheese.

Bake in preheated over for 30-45 minutes, or until center has set. It took quite a while for my quiches to set, but maybe that is because I cooked two of them.

Also, as usual, I didn't exactly measure the broccoli or cheese. I just did what felt right at the minute.

2 comments:

Michelle Marie Walton said...

This is awesome! I wonder if they make a whole wheat crust?

Pam said...

I was thinking the same thing this morning Michelle! I was contemplating creating a whole grain crust, but it probably wouldn't taste like a flakey crust we're used to, but it might taste good still. I'll post the recipe if I try something out that works.